When you want to send personalized email to multiple recipients individually without them knowing each other, normally, you can send the email to the recipients one by one. But, this will be time-consuming and boring. Is there any good and quick method to solve this task in Outlook?
In fact, the Mail Merge feature in Outlook can help you to send the same email to multiple recipients individually with their own greeting. Please do with the following steps:
1. Go to the Contacts pane, and then select the recipients which you want to send email to, and then click Home > Mail Merge, see screenshot:
2. In the opened Mail Merge Contacts dialog box:
(1.) Select Only selected contacts option under the Contacts section;
(2.) In the Merge options section, choose Form Letters from the Document type drop down, E-mail from the Merge to drop down list, and then enter the subject you need into the Message subject line text box.
3. Then click OK button, and Microsoft Word will open with a new document. The window will stay under Mailings ribbon automatically. Then you should clickGreeting Line under the Mailings tab, see screenshot:
4. In the popped out Insert Greeting Line dialog box, specify the greeting line format as you need. You can preview the sent greeting results in the Preview section at the same time. See screenshot:
5. Then click OK, and you can see 《GreetingLine》has been inserted into the document, then press Enter key to go to next line to compose the message body you want to send, see screenshot:
6. After editing the message body, please click Mailings > Finish & Merge > Send Email Messages, see screenshot:
7. In the Merge to E-mail dialog box, you can directly click OK button, and the email will be sent to all selected contacts at once, see screenshot: